At the start of Advent, it’s worth remembering who we’re waiting for.........not a child in a manger, all swaddling clothes and innocence, but a man on a mission – with an uncompromising agenda –
• one that gives the whole world to the meek;
• one that asks us to give up all that the world tells us is important;
• one that says that true power can be found housed in frailty of forgiveness, the virtue of vulnerability
• one that says there is freedom in saddling ourselves to the needs of others.
We are waiting for a rebel. So get ready. Because if you acknowledge his birth,
• if you are on your guard,
• if you lay a stake in his claim that God can burst through and change the world, then he’ll have no choice but to begin that change on you.
Remember who we are waiting for.
Enormous congratulations to Deklan Hill in Year 11, who was selected for the Cheshire Schools' under-16 squad, following two rounds of high-quality trials during the summer term.
He has clearly really impressed the coaches during the trials and early matches, as he has been included in the squad for all three of the fixtures thus far.
Cheshire won their first friendly 6-0 in Shropshire, followed by a 2-2 draw with Lancashire in the Northern Counties League and a 3-2 win over Staffordshire in the first round of the National Inter-County Trophy and Deklan displayed his superb adaptability over these games, playing in several positions including central midfield.
Good luck to Deklan and the County team in all their forthcoming matches; the PE Dept and the school are very proud of your achievement!