Attendance and punctuality is a priority at St Chad’s.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is directly linked to academic success.
- Regular attendance promotes the effective learning of all students
- Regular attendance promotes wellbeing and the ability to maintain positive friendships.
- Regular attendance and high levels of punctuality will assist in developing self-discipline and will help to prepare students for future employment.
- At St Chad’s we expect 96% attendance and above from all students.
- At St Chad’s we celebrate and reward the successes of all students with good attendance and punctuality.
- It is a parent’s responsibility to ensure their child’s regular school attendance. The Local Education Authority has the legal right to prosecute parents who do not ensure that their children attend school.
If you have any concerns regarding your child’s attendance or punctuality, please contact their Pupil Progress Coordinator.
Absence - Information for Parents
If your child is absent, you are requested to;
- Contact the school each day of your child’s absence by 9.00am stating your child’s full name, registration group and an explanation for their absence.
- Telephone: 01928 564106 option 1
- Provide a note, or medical evidence where required, on the first day of your child returning to school. This can be either in their Student Planner or a separate letter. Ensure that your child’s full name, Tutor group and dates of absence are all included in the note
St Chad’s graduated response to absence -
All absences, where not reported by parents, are investigated by first day response from the attendance team.
The attendance team track all pupils’ attendance in partnership with the Local Authority Education Welfare Officer.
Where appropriate parents will be advised, by letter, of attendance concerns.
Should attendance concerns persist parents will be invited in to school to meet with attendance staff.
The Education Welfare Officer will be consulted should attendance concerns fail to be addressed.
Students who are absent from school for multiple periods of illness may be asked to provide medical evidence in order for absence to be authorised. Evidence can be in the form of an appointment slip, medication box or prescription slip.
St Chad’s will not authorise leave of absence in term time unless exceptional circumstances apply. All requests should be made using the leave of absence request form for consideration by the Head Teacher.